In the Garden Blog
Cincinnati's Garden Blog
As a Cincinnati gardener, your garden is exposed to Cincinnati weather. This spring, before you plant your trees and flowers, make sure to get your garden plant-ready by prepping your beds for spring planting. It is as easy as one, two, three!
How to Prepare Your Spring Garden
- Get rid of winter debris in your garden beds by raking and removing sticks, leaves, and blown-in papers. Also, be sure to remove last year’s annuals and overwintering perennials. Don’t forget to rake out any winter weeds!
- You are what you eat. Your plants are as healthy as their environment. Be sure to prep your soil in your flower beds. You can prep your soil for spring by raking or tilling in soil amendments such as Pine Soil Conditioner, The Cow (composted manure), etc. By adding organic matter, it creates soils that are alive with microbial activity, earthworms, etc. that will create an environment to grow healthy plants.
- Plan before you plant your spring garden. This will save you both time and money.
Do you need help planning your garden? At Natorp’s, we have great resources to make planning your spring garden easy.
- Search Natorp’s Online Plant Store for your perfect plants. You can save your plant list and bring it into the outlet or purchase it online and pick it up at the nursery.
- Take a look at Natorp’s Online Plant Guide for our spring must-have plants!
- Get a Free Quick Sketch of one area of your yard with plant suggestions. More Info Click Here
- Natorp’s Horticulturalists / Plant Specialists – our horticulturalists are located throughout Natorp’s Outlet to provide expert advice on plant selections. Look for the people wearing orange shirts!
If you need design and installation, contact Natorp’s Landscape at (513) 398-4769
Cincinnati Gardening Made Simple! Do you have a question? Click Here