As a Cincinnati gardener, your garden is exposed to Cincinnati weather. Before you plant this spring, make sure to get your garden plant-ready by prepping your flower beds for spring planting. It is as easy as one, two, three!
How to Prepare Your Spring Garden
- Get rid of winter debris in your garden beds by raking and removing sticks, leaves, and blown-in papers. Also, be sure to remove last year’s annuals and overwintering perennials. Don’t forget to rake out any winter weeds!
- You are what you eat. Your plants are as healthy as their environment. Be sure to prep your soil in your flower beds. You can prep your soil for spring by raking or tilling in soil amendments such as Pine Soil Conditioner, The Cow (composted manure), etc. By adding organic matter, it creates soils that are alive with microbial activity, earthworms, etc. that will create an environment to grow healthy plants.
- Plan before you plant your spring garden. This will save you both time and money.
Do you need help planning your garden? At Natorp’s, we have great resources to make planning your spring garden easy.
- Visit the Design Center located inside the outlet and our In-House Landscape Designer will help make suggestions or create a quick sketch for one area of the yard. Also, it’s Free! Don’t forget your photos and dimensions.
- Natorp’s Horticulturalists / Plant Specialists – our horticulturalists are located throughout Natorp’s Outlet to provide expert advice on plant selections. Look for the people wearing orange shirts!
- Search Natorp’s Online Plant Store for your perfect plants. You can save your plant list and bring it into the outlet or purchase online and pick up at the nursery.
- If you need extensive design help, contact Natorp’s Landscape Design at (513) 398-4769.
Cincinnati Gardening Made Simple! Do you have a question? Email our experts email@example.com