Natorp’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Natorp’s is a participant in Ohio Bureau of Workers Compensation Drug-Free Workplace program. Pre-employment and other types of screening including, but not limited to, Random and Post-Accident are required.
LANDSCAPE TEAM MEMBER FOR LANDSCAPE INSTALL CREWS
*MUST BE 18 YEARS OLD OR OLDER AND AVAILABLE DURING DAYTIME HOURS TO WORK AT LANDSCAPE. AFTER SCHOOL OR EVENING HOURS ARE NOT AVAILABLE FOR THIS JOB
6106 Socialville Foster Road, Mason, Ohio 45040
We are looking for seasonal team members who can perform a variety of daily tasks on our landscape crews. We are particularly seeking people who have experience in Landscape or Horticulture; however, if you have the willingness to learn, we will train to develop the skill level necessary to perform the daily functions. Interested in becoming a crew leader in the future? Learn with us!
The general hours are Monday through Friday 7:30AM to 4:00PM. Overtime and Saturday work may be required. This job is seasonal.
Tasks Include, but aren’t limited to the following:
Loading and unloading of trucks, landscape bed prep, weeding, edging, mulching, raking, digging, planting, tilling, pruning, trimming, and cleaning debris and unused materials off the trucks at the end of the day.
Daily required activities associated with this job include:
•Walking, Standing, Crouching, Kneeling, Lifting, Carrying, Pushing, Pulling, Reaching above and below shoulder height, Rotation while sitting or standing, Climbing into and out of trucks or using stairs. This work is performed outdoors in all types of weather.
•Weights vary from 1/2 to 100 lbs. plus (large plants).
Compensation and Benefits
The starting pay for this job varies from $13.00 to $15.00 per hour depending on experience.
After 90 days of satisfactory service, employees become eligible for benefits including PTO accrual, dental, life, vision insurances, and holiday pay.
2018 FARM FACILITY AND CONSTRUCTION CREW
The Wm. A Natorp Co. is seeking an individual for our nursery and greenhouse facility who has the aptitude to perform general construction, irrigation, and maintenance in a farm or nursery setting.
This position is responsible for but is not limited to, assisting the Farm Facility Manager with the following: greenhouse and other construction, maintenance of farm irrigation systems and pumps as well as mechanical control systems in a greenhouse, and building interior and exterior upkeep and repair. Farm facility crew members must be physically able to lift up to 100 lbs and are expected to follow safe practices at all times. Carpentry, construction, and/or Irrigation experience is required.
This is a 40 hour a week position, but it also requires the ability to work flexed hours on occasion.
Please note that evening and weekend part-time work after school work is not available for this position.
Nursery employees must be at least 18 years old.
Applicant must have adequate transportation and an excellent driving record to qualify for this position.
Job Type: Full-time
The starting pay for this job is $13.01 per hour. Overtime in any workweek is paid at $19.52 per hour.
LANDSCAPE INSTALL CREW LEADERS
Responsibilities include, but aren’t limited to:
- Interacting with designers, co-workers, and clients to ensure excellent customer service.
- Working with designers and crews to prepare sites and provide quality installation and finishing.
- Managing the daily activities of a 1-6 person crew.
- Teaching and ensuring that crews are using proper planting and plant care techniques.
- Teaching crew members to work safely at base and on the job site, always leading by example and instruction.
- Instructing crew members on how to operate all equipment in a safe and responsible manner.
- Overseeing daily inspection of vehicles, equipment, and trailers.
- Completing all job-related paperwork daily.
- Tracking materials used on jobs.
- Completing time tickets for crew on a daily basis.
- Three (or more) years of experience leading a landscape installation crew is required.
- Valid driver’s license and excellent driving record
- Pesticide applicator’s license is a plus. Experience in stonework is another plus.
Our general schedule is Monday through Friday 7:30AM to 4:00PM. Actual days and hours are subject to change and may include late afternoons or Saturday work during the busy season.
Pay and Benefits
Compensation is contingent upon experience. We offer competitive benefits for qualified crew leaders including health, dental, life insurances and paid time off!